Physio Control was founded in 1955 by Dr. Karl William Edmark who was a trailblazer in the field of portable defibrillation. The company currently produces AEDs for both the public access and first-responder markets under the LIFEPAK AED brand. They Also produce an automated CPR chest compressor called the LUCAS 2.
HeartSine, now owned by Physio Control was co-founded by in the 1960s by Prof. John Anderson who helped launch the first true portable battery operated defibrillator in 1967. Heartsine is solely focused on the public access defibrillation market and produces the most compact FDA approved AED in the US under the samaritan brand.
Physio-Control acquired HeartSine in 2016 at the same time Physio-Control was being acquired by Stryker Corporation. Both companies are now part of the Stryker Corporation’s Emergency Care division.
Location of This Business:
BBB File Opened:
Years in Business:
Business Started Locally:
Alternate Business Name:
- Medtronic Emergency Response Systems
- Mr. Brian Webster, President
- Mr. David Bibbs, Marketing
- Ms. Christine MacCulley, Senior Executive Administrator
- Mr. Dave Stafford, Vice President/CFO
- Mr. Gorman Wong, Director of Customer Service
- Principal Mr. Brian Webster, President
- Customer Contact Mr. Gorman Wong, Director of Customer Service
Additional Contact Information
- (425) 867-4000