The Life/form® Blood Pressure Simulator w/Speaker System is designed to teach physical assessment and help resolve many of the uncertainties which are common when teaching students how to take blood pressure.
The life-like simulator permits the instructor to preset values for both systolic and diastolic pressures, providing an excellent way to practice listening to and distinguishing blood pressure sounds prior to actual clinical experience. It is also possible to audibly discern the five Korotkoff phases. Often, when working with a live subject, blood pressures are difficult to auscultate, which can make an accurate evaluation of student proficiency nearly impossible. Using this realistic unit will allow the student to find the preset results and the instructor will be better able to determine if the student has performed the procedure correctly and accurately. The electronically generated sounds are digitally recorded.
Includes the Life/form® Arm Replica with an embedded speaker, sphygmomanometer, electronic control unit (six “AA” batteries included), instruction booklet, and hard carrying case. The simulator does not include a stethoscope. Five-year warranty.
• Durable control unit
• Simple calibration procedure
• Palpable radial pulse
• External speakers
Control Unit Allows Instructor to:
• Select systolic and diastolic settings
• Adjust pulse rate
• Adjust volume
• Turn auscultatory gap on or off
• Easily calibrate unit for use with any sphygmomanometer
• Use normal procedure to place cuff on arm
• Check palpable pulse at the radial site
• Pump cuff
• Pressures are activated at release valve
• Read pressures on sphygmomanometer
• Auscultate Korotkoff sounds with any stethoscope through a speaker in the arm