Learning Cardiac Auscultation by Cardionics is designed for use on a PC with Windows XP or Windows 7. This CD-ROM must be used in conjunction with the SimulScope Bedside Auscultation System (718-7003), the Classroom Infrared Emitter (718-0015), or the Auditorium Infrared Sound System (718-4006-1, or -2).
With this CD two heart sound programs can be easily compared with a mouse click. The complete tutorial shows first-time users how to use the heart sound programs as well as the quiz programs. Amplitude of the individual sound component(s) can be adjusted to create faint or loud events. Use this CD as a step-by-step learning process. Follow the List of Heart Sounds which takes the student through the normal and abnormal heart sounds found in today's clinical practice.
• All common heart sounds and murmurs
• All heart sound programs have a moving Phonocardiogram (PCG) and Electrocardiogram (ECG) trace to show the location of the sound(s) in the cardiac cycle
• Add and take out murmurs
• Text explains each heart sound program with emphasis on Physical Diagnosis
• Testing is provided including - novice, advanced, instructor-developed
• Sound components are identified with labels
• Labels can be turned ON or OFF
• Volume control over each sound element
• Heart sounds combined with breath sounds where appropriate.