Introducing Ruth Lee's latest version of the popular Offshore Rescue Training Manikin. Now updated with the GEN2 features, the Offshore is designed as a hybrid of the HazMat and water Rescue manikin. The Offshore Rescue Training Manikin is a versatile product specifically designed for water and general rescue training on offshore platforms and vessels. The increased weight and polyester carcass make this model stronger and more suitable for simulating rescues from places like accommodation areas, engine rooms, or drilling platforms. When used in conjunction with the tough protective overalls, this model can withstand the rigors of general training.
While this manikin will float well in calm water, it is advisable to use some form of buoyancy aid like a life jacket or a floatation device when training in open seas or rough water. The Offshore Rescue Training Manikin weighs 132 lb (60 Kg) when dry, and is constructed using a polyester carcass with mesh running to the ends of the arms, legs, and head to aid with drainage. As is standard with any Ruth Lee Water Rescue manikin there is a polypropylene webbing loop on the back for hauling and hanging to dry as well as SOLAS reflective tape on the head. The protective overalls are constructed of tough high-tenacity polyurethane coated polyester (similar to the type of materials used for bullet proof vests) with high-density polypropylene webbing double stitched in the high-stress areas. The Offshore manikin is supplied complete with sturdy rubber boots which help protect the legs if the manikin is dragged along metal corridors or gangways.
While it does not provide all the features that a standard water rescue manikin would, the offshore manikin is the perfect balance between functionality and value for those who are limited in storage space.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tough, flame retardant Polyester - conforms to BS EN ISO 15025:2002 - the same material used in police ballistic/stab vests.
- The Offshore Rescue Training manikin will easily withstand a fall of 5 - 6 meters into water with no damage. These manikins are tough!
- Anatomically correct, these manikins can be used in marine evacuation systems and ship's lifesaving appliances, including survival craft equipment.
- This manikin can be safely used in water and will float. However, additional buoyancy aids should be used in very rough waters. This manikin will float in a vertical position to simulate a live person in the water to practice casualty recovery and to demonstrate the problems associated with sea survival.
- 60Kg in weight gives a realistic density in water around the offshore installation or vessel living accommodation or engine room.
- The neck features the ability to fit an immobilization/extrication collar to promote proper casualty care.
- Polyethylene strips running from shoulder to knee allow flexibility but prevent the manikin from bending when using stretchers or recovery devices such as a Jason's Cradle.
- A polypropylene loop on the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- Protective overalls and boots are user replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin.
Made in the United Kingdom.
Please note: For large orders (5 or more manikins), please call for lead time.