What is an AED Package & Should You Buy One?
Table of Contents
Purchasing an AED is a big decision whether you’re buying a single AED machine for your home or business, or you’re purchasing multiple AEDs as part of a large public access defibrillation effort. Finding the AED that best fits your needs, is within budget, and has all the related AED accessories you need can be daunting. Enter the AED package.
What is an AED Package?
Simply put, an AED package is a product that contains not only the individual defibrillator you’ll need, but also important related accessories such as a cabinet, AED case, AED signage, first aid kit, extra AED battery, etc.
These AED product packages are designed to help buyers such as yourself get everything they need with one convenient purchase.
Related: What is an AED?
What Does an AED Package Contain?
The contents of an AED package, sometimes called an AED value package, vary based on their intended use, as well as the retailer / manufacturer that put the package together. At AED Superstore, our AED packages typically include at least the following items:
- 1 Set of Adult Electrode pads
- 1 AED Battery
- Carrying case
- RespondER® Premium AED/CPR Pack
- RespondER® Flexible AED Wall Sign
- AED Check™ Tag
- AED Window/Wall Decal – 4″ Diameter.
Other AED accessories that may be included in a package include:
- Extra set of electrode pads
- Pediatric electrode pads
- CPR Training
- ARCH Medical Direction and Program Management
Should I buy an AED package or a single AED?
In many situations, especially for businesses, churches, first responders, schools, etc., buying an AED package will make sense over a single AED. The package purchase ensures that everything required or needed by the organization or individual is included. Our packages also have discount pricing on certain AED accessories, further adding to the value of choosing a package. Our AED machine packages are designed to make purchasing, setting up, and keeping your AEDs maintained as easy and affordable as possible.
For individuals, buying a single AED device may be sufficient, especially if the AED machine is being purchased for home use. A single AED unit may be more cost effective when an AED cabinet, defibrillator maintenance items, etc. aren’t needed.
Popular AED packages
The following packages are some of the most popular among our customers. Each one has unique benefits aimed at the target use-case for the AED unit:
- Business / Office AED Package. Our Business AED packages include an AED cabinet at a discounted price.
- School and Community AED Package. These packages are designed for use in schools and community settings. They include pediatric AED pads as well as an AED defibrillator cabinet at discounted prices.
- Example: ZOLL AED Plus School AED Package
- Complete AED Packages. As the name implies, these AED packs contain everything you may need as part of an AED purchase.
- Example: Philips Heartstart FRx AED Package
Defibrillator Package Categories
The following is a list of common categories or groupings of AED packages. Each package within one of these categories will typically carry the same AED accessories which have been customized to the likely needs of the individual or organization.
- Business AED packages
- School AED packages
- AED church packages
- Complete defibrillator packages
- Corporate packages
- First responder packages
- Aviation value packages