PLEASE NOTE: Philips has discontinued this defibrillator model, but accessories are still available below.
The Philips HeartStart XL defibrillator/monitor, weighing in at just under 14 pounds, is easily transported throughout the hospital to the site where cardiac care is needed. The Heartstart XL is a combination manual device with automated external defibrillator capabilities. The HeartStart XL enables the first caregiver on the scene to deliver lifesaving defibrillation therapy, whether they are an ALS or BLS clinician.
In AED mode, voice prompts and text messages guide BLS users through the defibrillation process, while HeartStart XL continuously monitors and displays the patient’s ECG. When the ALS personnel arrive, HeartStart XL is easily switched from AED to manual mode, thus allowing operators to access the unit’s advanced therapeutic features such as selectable energy (from 2 to 200 Joules), non-invasive pacing (optional), SpO2 (optional) and synchronized cardioversion.
The XL Base Model Defibrillator/Monitor Kit Includes:
• Manual and AED operation
• Multifunction Therapy Cable
• 3-Lead ECG monitoring with included monitoring pads or electrodes
• Selectable limits and alarms
• Liquid crystal display
• 50 mm strip chart printer with 2 rolls paper
• Data storage/event summary
• SLA battery w/AC Power Module and Test Load
• SMART Biphasic waveform for defibrillation
• Adult paddles with paddle-to-patient contact indicators (PCI)
• Pediatric paddles underneath
• SpO2 pulse oximetry with alarms
• Non-invasive pacing
• 5-Lead ECG
Alternate Part Number(s): HSXL1, HSXL-1