This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please call us at 800-544-0048 sp we may discuss your alternatives.
Philips brand AEDs operate on batteries only. Always have a fully charged spare.
The Philips Lithium Battery Pack is the replacement disposable lithium manganese dioxide battery for your Philips HeartStart FR2 or FR2+ AED. This battery pack has a shelf-life of up to five years from the date of manufacture so having an extra battery on hand is always a good idea. This Philips battery pack will last up to five years in your FR2 or FR2+ and it comes with a four-year manufacturer's warranty. According to performance data from Philips, a new FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack should provide up to 300 shocks or 12 hours of patient monitoring capability. Detailed technical specifications are listed below.
How can you tell if your device needs a fresh battery? Look at your AED's status indicator in the upper right hand corner. A flashing red "X" indication means the battery power level is low. A solid red "X" means the battery is not useable or completely depleted. Or, you can initiate a battery test to check its power status anytime by removing the battery pack, reinserting it, and choosing NEXT on the LCD screen and then BATTERY HISTORY.
• The Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack is installed in the same manner as any other battery pack for this AED.
• Squeeze the yellow latch on the old Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack to release and remove it from the AED.
• Make certain neither the electrode pads or optional ECG Assessment Module are connected to the AED.
• Hold the new Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack by the yellow latch and carefully slide it into the battery cavity at the top of the AED.
• Slide the new Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack into the AED until you feel and hear it click into place.
Once the battery is inserted, your Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ AED will automatically turn on allowing you to initiate a device self-test or perform other functions within its menu system. You'll know that your Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ AED is ready for use when you see the LCD hourglass symbol flashing in the device's self-test indicator window.
• Battery type: 12 Volt DC, 4.2 Ah, lithium manganese dioxide. Disposable, long-life primary cell.
• Capacity: When new, a minimum of 300 shocks or 12 hours of operating time at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C).
• Shelf life (prior to installation): Usually 5 years from date of manufacture when stored under standby environmental conditions in original packaging.
• Standby life (after installation): Usually 5 years. >4 years when stored under standby environmental conditions (battery installed, FR2+ unused).
• Storage temperature: 32 degrees to 109 degrees F (0 degrees to 43 degrees C).
• Shipping temperature: -4 degrees to +140 degrees F (-20 degrees to +60 degrees C).
• Battery limitations: Per battery labeling, never charge, short circuit, puncture, deform, incinerate, heat above 60 degrees C, or expose contents to water.
• Remove the Philips HeartStart FR2/FR2+ Battery Pack from your AED when discharged.
The AED Superstore has the best price on this battery and free ground shipping within the lower 48 United States is included. To place an order just call us and a friendly, knowledgeable customer service agent will help you. Or, click to add it to your cart to purchase online. It's fast, safe and secure!
to read this important notice regarding the use of 3rd Party Batteries in your Philips Healthcare AED.