The LifeVac Travel Kit. Includes one adult mask, one pediatric mask, instructions for use in a yellow zippered bag.
The LifeVac is a non-invasive, non-powered, portable Airway Clearance Device (ACD) that has been developed to remove an object or food from a victim with an airway obstruction when the standard choking protocol has been followed without success. It has been designed with a patented one-way valve that prevents air from pushing the object or food downward. This creates a one-way suction to remove the obstruction and clear the airway of the victim. The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction is 3 times greater than the highest recorded choke pressure.
The LifeVac is incredibly simple to use, and anyone can use it. It’s as easy as placing the LifeVac over the nose & mouth, pushing down, & pulling up. With the LifeVac you can protect yourself and protect your family.
Some facts on choking:
- Choking is the 4th leading cause of accidental death.
- A leading cause of death under the age of 14 and over 65.
- One child dies every 5 days.
- Over 5,000 choking deaths per year in the US alone.
- Thousands choke to death in their own homes every year.
- Extremely dangerous for individuals in wheelchairs.
- Choking is particularly dangerous within the neurological community.
- LifeVac is the only non-invasive airway clearance device.
- LifeVac has been published in 10 medical journals (4 peer-reviewed).
- LifeVac has been used by emergency services, nurses, support workers, and laypeople. The airway clearance device is implemented in fire departments, police departments, and rescue squads all over the US and worldwide.
- LifeVac can be used on adults and children. LifeVac can be utilized starting at 22 pounds based on the mask manufacturer's general guidelines for a proper fit.
- LifeVac is simple to use and can be used by anyone. LifeVac can also be administered on yourself.
Alternate Part Number(s): LVE2001, LVS3001, LVT1002, LVTK7001-RC