This model LCSU 4 meets RTCA/DO-160G Section 21 Category M (for battery operation only; commercial aircraft, airborne equipment) standard. All LCSU 4 units with RTCA approval are certified for use in aircraft.
The RTCA designation allows the LCSU 4 units to be battery operated in a commercial aircraft. The LCSU 4 should not interfere with the aircraft’s electronics or instrumentation while being operated.
The appearance of both LCSU 4 units is essentially the same. However, the internal lining of the units is distinctly different. The new RTCA cases have been coated internally with a gold-colored coating. This coating helps minimize “electronic noise” emissions per the RTCA/DO-160G - Section 21, Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment – Emission of Radio Frequency standard.
Information on the LCSU 4:
The next improved version of Laerdal Compact Suction Unit is here. Laerdal’s newest suction unit combines rugged design with lightweight portability, an essential tool for every first responder.
LCSU 4 comes in two alternative canister versions; one configured with an 800ml canister, and one with a 300ml canister. Each version can easily be converted to the other by ordering additional parts.
The 800ml version includes:
- Semi-rigid carry case w/shoulder strap
- 800 ml reservoir canister
- 6 ft of patient tubing
- NiMH rechargeable battery
- AC/DC adapter/charger with power cord
- Vacuum tube
- Comprehensive owner's manual in 18 languages
- “Clean” cabinet design
- Small lightweight 300ml canister version
- 1.5 kg (3.38 lbs)
- “Click-in-place” 300ml canister
- Disposable canister systems
- 800ml canister - when extra volume is needed
- Easy to convert between 300ml and 800ml canister versions
- Internal integrated filter systems for all canisters
- High-efficiency filter kit
- Big vacuum regulator dial, with “clicking sound”
- LED display for use day or night
- Children vacuum range area on the control panel
- Arrows pointing the vacuum directions
- Wire Stand for stability
- High-density bags
- Air Flow at Vacuum Inlet (all configurations): 27 LPM (free flow) typical
- Vacuum - Max.: 550+ mmHg (73.3 kPA)
- Vacuum - Range: 50 - 550+ mmHg (6.7 - 73.3 kPa)
- Rechargeable Battery, NiMH 12 volt 1.6 Ah.
- Battery Runtime: Approximately 45 minutes of continuous operation at zero vacuum level (free flow), fully charged.
- Battery Charge time: 5 hours to reach full capacity
- AC/DC Adapter
- External Battery Charger
- 12V DC Power-cord for connection to vehicle power ports
- 300ml canister version: 18.5 cm x 26.2 cm x 8.12 cm (7.3" x 10.3" x 3.2")
- 800ml canister version: 23.6 cm x 19 cm x 23.6 cm (9.3" x 7.5" x 9.3")
- 300ml canister version: 1.53 kg (3.375 lbs)
- 800ml canister version: 1.97 kg (4.35 lbs)
Noise Level: <70dB
Alternate Part Number(s): LCSU2, LCSU3, LCSU4