American Heart Association® (AHA) Heartsaver® CPR AED & First Aid Training with optional Bloodborne Pathogen course.
This comprehensive Heartsaver certification course covers all the life-saving material offered in individual sessions of the CPR/AED training and first aid training. In this video-based, instructor-guided training course, your team will learn:
- Adult CPR
- AED use
- Basic first aid
- Bloodborne pathogen procedures (if this module is included)
Instructors lead this hands-on course using the American Heart Association’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique. The instructor will observe the students as they practice administering CPR, using an AED, and providing first aid. Instructors provide guidance during the class and give in-the-moment feedback on students’ application of skills.
CPR is practiced on a training manikin. Either a trainer AED unit or an AED equipped with training pads will be used to demonstrate how to prep the patient for electrode pad application and how to deliver a life-saving shock to someone experiencing SCA. Students will have the opportunity to practice applying electrode pads, interacting with the AED, and following the AED’s instructions.
First Aid Training
The first aid component of the training teaches skills that will allow students to respond to and manage emergencies for the first few critical moments until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives.
Students learn key skills, including how to treat:
- Broken bones
- Other common first aid emergencies, like allergic reactions
Some of the other topics covered include bandaging technique, glove removal, and epinephrine auto-injectors. Hands-on instruction is given where applicable so students get feedback on their skills.
Classes are seven to eight hours, depending on the number of students who participate.
Choose one or two training sessions for up to 10 people in each class. Class size is limited so instructors are able to provide individual coaching. This way, each student leaves feeling confident he or she has received comprehensive instruction and is ready to use an AED, administer CPR, or provide first aid if the need arises.
Optional Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogen Training
The optional Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens is a video-based, instructor-led classroom course for anyone who has a reasonable chance of being exposed to or coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens. Students will learn:
- How to protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- How to clean themselves and the contaminated area
- The proper procedure to report exposure to bloodborne pathogens in the workplace
This class meets Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction.
When BBP certification is included, training sessions are 7.5 to 8.5 hours long.
Benefits of AED Superstore’s AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED and First Aid Certification
- Professional Instructors: Our instructors are emergency room doctors, paramedics, EMTs, nurses, firefighters, and other knowledgeable emergency and medical professionals. They use these skills in their work and bring their experience and insight into the classroom.
- Trustworthy, Widely Accepted Course Material: Training courses are certified by the American Heart Association. AED Superstore uses the AHA’s Heartsaver curriculum, which is widely regarded as the gold standard for CPR/AED, first aid, and bloodborne pathogen training.
- Student Certification: Each student receives a certification card for CPR/AED and First Aid (and optional BBP if the course is taken). The certification is valid for two years upon completion of the class.
- On-Location Convenience: AED Superstore’s instructors will bring our equipment to the location of your choice.
- Simplicity for Large Organizations: Even if your business has multiple locations, you’ll have a single point of contact with whom you can coordinate training classes nationwide.
- Scheduling: We consistently hear feedback from our customers that the scheduling support we offer helps streamline the process, especially if multiple groups need to get trained.
- Price: We offer extremely competitive, flat-rate pricing for our certification.
We bring training materials and all related supplies. Your training area should include the following elements:
- Video system: TV with DVD player or computer with projector are common setups. The classroom needs to allow for everyone to watch the training video.
- A chair for each student
- Clean and free of clutter or items that would get in the way of training
- Appropriate lighting
- Sufficiently quiet for watching the video and interacting with the instructor; areas that have constant activity or through traffic tend to be distracting and aren’t suitable
- Tables are optional but preferable
If you’re looking for training to fulfill a legal requirement or receive certification in these skills, AED Superstore can get you AHA certified with medical professionals teaching at the location of your choice for a price that can't be beat. Call or order online today and get certified in a heartbeat!
Please note: AHA training class credit must be used within six months of purchase. A fee may apply for classes scheduled outside of normal business hours. Ask your representative for more details.
| || |
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course material, do not represent income to the Association.