safeHands Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizer 1.75 oz Bottle - Clean Linen Scent - 24/Pack. safeHands alcohol-free hand sanitizer's formula has been developed to work synergistically to achieve a complete barrier of protection against germs. safeHands' proprietary formulation includes a unique skin conditioner that provides extended protection against germs. safeHands has been shown to be an acceptable replacement to hand washing due to the approved FDA active ingredient BAC that demonstrates significant “microbe killing power” while at the same time keeping the skin moisturized. Independent lab tests have shown safeHands alcohol-free hand sanitizer will continue killing more germs the more times it is used, unlike other alcohol-based sanitizers which lose effectiveness over time.
Some of the advantages to switching to an alcohol-free hand sanitizer:
- Alcohol has a skin drying effect that may prevent staff adherence to hand sanitizer compliance policies.
- Alcohol sanitizers are highly flammable Class 1B combustible liquids.
- OSHA regulations and local fire codes may require special considerations when using and storing
- alcohol sanitizers.
- The CDC has issued ingestion alerts for alcohol sanitizers due to child, patient, and resident safety concerns.
- Most alcohol-based hand sanitizers have expiration dates of less than two years.
- Food safety workers are required to rinse after using alcohol-based sanitizers. The presence of water, food, fatty materials, feces, or blood on hands can significantly reduce the effectiveness of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Some sanitizers contain FDA-banned ingredients such as formaldehyde and triclosan.
Alternate Part Number(s): SHC-1.75-24, SHC-7-12