Now in stock!!!
The AHA 2020 PALS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and contains all the information students need to successfully complete the AHA PALS Course, including information needed before, during, and after class.
The AHA PALS Provider Manual has been updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. The PALS Provider Course has been designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This course uses pre-course preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest. It also includes the PALS Reference Card, which can be purchased separately, #20-1118.
Course Learning Objectives:
- After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high-quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
Alternate Part Number(s): 978-1-61669-785-3, 9781616697853