AHA 2015 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator PackagePart #: 15-1036 Our Price: $30.00
AHA 2015 Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator Package
OverviewHeartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Facilitator PackageThis package contains the materials facilitators or American Heart Association Instructors need to teach the classroom-based Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens course. Package contains 1 copy of the Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Instructor Manual, 1 bilingual (English/Spanish) DVD, 1 Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Poster.Course OverviewThe Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens Course instructs employees on ways protect themselves and others when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials. This course is designed to meet OSHA requirements for bloodborne pathogens training when paired with site-specific instruction. It is also designed specifically for workers with a reasonable chance of coming into contact with bloodborne pathogens, including correctional officers, childcare workers, security guards, maintenance workers, school personnel, hotel housekeepers, health and fitness club staff, and tattoo artists. The course uses the PACT™ acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, "Make a PACT, Know How to Act," to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogens training.After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
No skills test or skills demonstration is required at the end of this course. However, AHA provides an optional written exam for use if the employer requires an exam for completion.Key Features and BenefitsThis facilitator package:
- explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens course
- define bloodborne pathogens
- describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- recall how to safely remove gloves
- discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- discuss their exposure control plan.
Dimensions and SpecificationsFacilitator Manual:
- contains all materials needed to teach the Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens course
- includes the facilitator manual, bilingual course DVD, and Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogens poster
- 20 pages
- 8 1/2" x 11"
- full-color, softcover book
Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens poster, 11" x 17"Additional Supplies Needed for Operation:
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Content: Introduction, Protect, Act, Clean, Tell
- Total running time: 22:33 minutes
- DVD player or DVD-capable computer.
Alternate Part Number(s): 80-1492
The AED Superstore offers the best service, support, and largest selection of AED models for sale available anywhere! We're owned and operated by EMS professionals who continue to use automated external defibrillators in the field. You can count on us to help you make the right decision for your AED program!