Now in stock!!!
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect the new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches both the single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
• Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
• Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
• Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
• Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
• Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
• Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Instructor Manual includes essential information and Lesson Plans that AHA BLS Instructors need to teach BLS courses, including the full classroom and the blended learning versions.
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
The BLS Instructor Manual is for use by AHA BLS Instructors. Each Instructor must have his/her own copy of the Instructor manual for teaching the BLS Course.
Alternate Part Number(s): 978-1-61669-769-3, 978616697693, 15-1103