All sales of this AHA 2015 Guidelines product are final and the items cannot be returned.
This video-based, Instructor-led course features accelerated content that is designed for learners with existing BLS knowledge, allowing for time efficiency while teaching both single-rescuer and team BLS skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED. It includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques.
BLS teaches skills using AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback, and guide students’ acquisition of skills. The course uses a recommended ratio of 6 students to 2 manikins to 1 instructor.
After successfully completing the BLS Renewal Course, students should be able to:
- describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- describe all the steps of the Chain of Survival
- apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- describe the importance of early use of an AED
- demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
- provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- perform high-quality CPR for a child
- perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation
- perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
- describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant.
Eligibility for continuing education credit:
Emergency Medical Services -- This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 2.25 Basic CEHs, activity number 18-AMHA-F2-0001.
Key Features and Benefits:
This DVD allows BLS Instructors to choose one of two tracks, in-facility or prehospital, based on the needs of the students in the class.
- 1-Rescuer Adult BLS
- 2-Rescuer Child BLS
- Team Dynamics
- Infant BLS
- Relief of Choking
- Special Considerations
Dimensions and Specifications:
- 1 DVD
- Total running time: 71 minutes
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
To teach the BLS renewal course, you will also need:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Manual (item no. EC15-1010)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Manual (item no. EC15-1009)
Other supplies needed:
- DVD player
- training manikins