Now you can lead your group far afield on hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, or ATV trips knowing you’re prepared if an accident should occur. The Sportsman 400 is a well-stocked medical kit with the supplies for treating serious injuries when far from medical care. This medical kit contains enough first aid supplies for ten people headed into the backcountry for up to two weeks.
The Sportsman 400 is a wilderness first aid kit that sets the standard in backcountry care with hospital-quality contents like a tourniquet, C-Splint™, and WoundStop® trauma dressing for treating injuries and illnesses ranging from knife cuts to penetration wounds. The supplies are organized into injury-specific pockets using the Easy Care™ Organization System and are listed on the external kit map so you can quickly find what you need for any emergency.
For day trips away from base camp, you can leave the larger kit behind and pack the detachable, waterproof trauma kit for a lightweight addition to your gear. Whether you’re looking for a hunting first aid kit, fishing first aid kit, or a group emergency kit, the Sportsman 400 Medical Kit gives you and your companions confidence in knowing you’re prepared.
Some of the included beneficial items are:
The Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
- Know how to treat injuries experienced while hunting, fishing, or snowmobiling. Written by wilderness medicine expert Eric A. Weiss, MD, this book includes over 50 improvised techniques and 100 illustrations for treating outdoor injuries and illnesses.
WoundStop® & SWAT-T
- Stop life-threatening bleeds quickly in the field with the easy-to-use SWAT-T™ tourniquet and WoundStop® trauma dressing. From knife cuts to penetration wounds, make sure you’re prepared.
Detachable Field Trauma Kit
- Take life-saving trauma supplies with you and leave the larger kit at base camp. This lightweight, waterproof trauma pack has supplies to stop severe bleeding and administer CPR.
"Find It Fast" Design
- Find the emergency supplies you need quickly, even in the dark. The external kit map shows where supplies are located, while the reflective design helps you find the kit quickly at night.
- Stabilize fractures with the flexible C-Splint™, protect burns by applying a petrolatum dressing, and care for wounds using an irrigation syringe, wound closure strips, and tinctures of benzoin.
Easy Care™ Organization System
- Provide fast and effective care in emergencies. The first aid kit’s first aid supplies are organized into injury-specific pockets that make it possible for anyone to confidently administer first aid.
- (3) Thermometer, Single Use
- (3) After Bite® Wipe
- (4) Diamode (Loperamide HCl 2 mg.)
- (8) Aspirin (325 mg.)
- (16) Ibuprofen (200 mg.)
- (8) Acetaminophen (500 mg.)
- (4) Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.)
FIRST AID MANUAL
- (1) Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
REMOVABLE FIELD TRAUMA PAK
- (1) Tourniquet
- (1) Trauma Bandage
- (1) Trauma Pad, 5" x 9"
- (4) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4" x 4"
- (1) Petrolatum Dressing, 3" x 3"
- (2) Nitrile Glove
- (1) EMT Shears, 4"
- (1) CPR Face Shield
- (1) Splinter/Tick Remover Forceps
- (28) Moleskin Pre-Cut/Shaped
- (3) Safety Pin
- (1) Pencil
- (1) Patient Assessment Form
CUTS & SCRAPES
- (10) Easy Access Bandages®, Fabric, 1" x 3"
- (10) Easy Access Bandages®, Fabric, Knuckle
- (3) Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- (12) Antiseptic Wipe
- (6) Alcohol Swab
- (2) Tincture of Benzoin
- (1) Wound Irrigation Tool, 20cc
- (10) Wound Closure Strip, 1/4" x 4"
- (6) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4" x 4"
- (6) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2" x 2"
- (2) Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 3"x 4"
- (2) Gauze Bandage, 3"
- (1) Cloth Tape, 1" x 10 Yards
- (4) Nitrile Glove
- (2) Cotton Tip Applicator
FRACTURE / SPRAIN
- (1) C-Splint™, 36" x 4"
- (1) Elastic Bandage, 3"
- (1) Self-Adhering Bandage, 2"
- (2) Triangular Bandage
- (1) Duct Tape, 2" x 50"
- Size: 11" x 8" x 3"
- Weight: 2.5 lb
- Group Size: 1 - 10 People
- Trip Duration: 1 - 14 Days