The Adventure Medical Kits Series Explorer has been designed for families or smaller groups on week-long adventures. The Explorer is ideally suited for extended camping or long stretches on the trail. This kit is outfitted with an abundance of first aid supplies to remedy a variety of injuries and ailments. From cuts and sprains to allergies and dehydration, the Explorer is comprehensive yet compact and is equipped to keep you and your family, friends, or crew safe.
The Mountain Series Explorer Features:
- A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness & Travel Medicine by Eric A. Weiss, M.D. Full of the most up-to-date information on wilderness and travel medicine, this indispensable book includes "Weiss Advice" on improvised techniques; "When to Worry" tips; 97 illustrations; recommended prescription medications; and step-by-step guidelines for using the components of your kit.
- Easy Care First Aid® System. First aid supplies are organized in injury-specific pockets to eliminate guesswork and ensure you use the right treatment quickly.
- Find it Fast. The unique external kit map shows you where the supplies are located, while reflective mountain logo on the front of the bag makes it easy to spot in the dark when every moment counts.
- Semi-Transparent, Secure Pockets. See-through pockets protect items from dirt and moisture while allowing for quick and easy access. Zippers prevent items from falling out when opening the kit or accessing it in a vertical environment.
- Trapezoidal Bag for Added Room. Ingeniously designed in super-durable nylon with darting to provide extra space inside the kit for your own items.
- Supplies to Stop Bleeding Fast. 5" x 9" Trauma pad and an elastic bandage to control life-threatening bleeding.
- Pain and Illness Remedies. Medication for allergic reactions, itches, pain and fever, inflammation, and diarrhea.
- Hospital-Quality Tools. Professional tools, including EMT Shears and precision forceps, and an easy to read thermometer ensure the most efficient and effective backcountry medical care.
- CPR Administration Shield. A CPR face shield provides protection during mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
- Wound Care Supplies. Use the 20 ccs. irrigation syringe with a 16-gauge plastic tip to clean wounds, closure strips to close wound edges, and tincture of benzoin to increase the adhesiveness of strips and tape.
- Blister Management Tools. 14 pre-cut and shaped moleskin pieces make it easy to treat hot spots and blisters and alcohol pads for removing the oils from skin for better adherence of tape and moleskin.
Cuts & Scrapes
5 – Easy Access Bandages®, 1" x 3" Fabric
5 – Easy Access Bandages®, Knuckle Fabric
6 – Antiseptic Wipe
2 – Triple Antibiotic Ointment
4 – Alcohol Swab
1 – Tincture of Benzoin
Instruction / Instrument
1 – Wilderness & Travel Medicine: A Comprehensive Guide
3 – Single Use Thermometer
1 – CPR Face Shield
1 – EMT Shears, 4"
1 – Duct Tape, 2" x 2.5 yds.
1 – Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps
3 – Safety Pin
1 – Patient Assessment Form
1 – Pencil
1 – Register Your Kit Card
3 – After Bite® Sting & Bite Relief Wipe
2 – Diamode (Loperamide HCI 2 mg.), 2 Pkg./1
6 – Aspirin (325 mg.), 3 Pkg./2
3 – Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.), 3 Pkg./1
8 – Ibuprofen (200 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
8 – Acetaminophen (500 mg.), 4 Pkg./2
Stop Bleeding Fast
1 – Trauma Pad, 5” x 9”
4 – Nitrile Glove
1 – Triangular Bandage
Wound Care / Blister / Burn
1 – Wound Irrigation Tool, 20cc. with 18 Gauge Tip
10 – Wound Closure Strip, 1/4" x 4"
4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 4" x 4"
4 – Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2" x 2"
2 – Sterile Non-Adherent Dressing, 3" x 4"
1 – Elastic Bandage with Hook & Loop Closure, 3"
2 – Conforming Gauze Bandage, 3"
1 – Tape, 1" x 10 yds.
14 – Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped Pieces
2 – Cotton Tip Applicator
Adventure Medical Kits reserves the right to add, substitute, or delete items if necessary.
Please note: Some medications may not be available in products sold outside of the US, additional items may be substituted.