AHA 2015 ACLS for Experienced Providers (EP) Instructor PackagePart #: 15-1065 Our Price: $212.95
Every 5 years the American Heart Association publishes updated Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC). These guidelines reflect new global resuscitation science and treatment recommendations derived from the 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care with Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR) conference.This training package provides the materials needed for teaching the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) course. Included is the ACLS For Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) Manual And Resource Text (for students) (15-1064), which includes the ACLS EP Systematic Approach Pocket Reference Card and the ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (15-1007). This package also includes the ACLS For Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) DVD Set (15-1063). Some components can be purchased separately.Course Overview:This course is intended for seasoned healthcare providers who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology, and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of pre-arrest, arrest, or post-arrest patients. This audience includes physicians, paramedics, and emergency department or critical-care nurses. The course director may also allow other professionals who are deeply involved in the field of resuscitation to participate, including scientists, educators, and researchers.The goal of ACLS EP is improving outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other (e.g., metabolic or toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines using critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, students enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of pre-arrest, arrest, and post-arrest patients.After successfully completing the ACLS EP course, students should be able to:
Course is based on:
- demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an AED
- recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including post-cardiac-arrest care
- demonstrate effective communication as a leader or member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- apply the systematic approach to assessment, evaluation, and management of complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other emergencies
Key Features and Benefits:An all-in-one package, this product makes ordering quick and easy, helping busy Instructors save valuable time and money.Dimensions and Specifications:The package includes:ACLS For Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) Manual And Resource Text (15-1064):The required student text and an important Instructor resource for the ACLS for Experienced Providers course, this manual also includes:
- the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- the 2012 American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF)/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients with Unstable Angina/Non-ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- the 2013 ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction.
ACLS For Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) DVD Set (15-1063):This set provides the video segments and other resources needed to teach the ACLS EP course. Disc 1 contains the ACLS EP Instructor Manual, case scenarios, sample agendas, and other Instructor resources. Disc 2 is the ACLS EP course video; running time: 62 minutes; subtitled.Additional Supplies Needed for OperationTo teach the ACLS EP course, you will also need a DVD player or DVD-capable computer.
- ACLS EP Systematic Approach Pocket Reference Card (4" x 6.5")
- ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (15-1007) (4" x 6.5")
- Full-color, softcover book
- 480 pages, 8 1/2" x 11"
Alternate Part Number(s):
- Customer Reviews
The AED Superstore offers the best service, support, and largest selection of AED models for sale available anywhere! We're owned and operated by EMS professionals who continue to use automated external defibrillators in the field. You can count on us to help you make the right decision for your AED program!